Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Smörgåsbord


Around Christmas time my family makes lefse and when we realized we wouldn't make it home in time to help we decided to make our own. I spent some time rifling through Great Grandma Johnson's recipe cards and found her recipe, then called Grandma Donna and my Mom to be sure I wouldn't mess anything up.  


My boon and top Sous chef
 Taylor was a master on the grill serving up a beautiful stack of the yummy lefse.


Showing off some of my favorite Scandinavian kitchen treasures

The lefse was actually a part of a larger Norwegian meal that we made for our small group Christmas feast. We made Torske (broiled cod) and Swedish Meatballs with lingonberry jam.  Everyone else brought a traditional family Christmas food to share.  It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment